If you're like most people, you like to kick back at the end of a long day and browse Facebook or Twitter on your phone. You likely also see dozens of advertisements while you're doing this each night.
Since over 3.8 billion people worldwide use social media, these platforms are the perfect place to engage in all of the B2B marketing strategies that will help to grow your business.
Here, we're going to talk about the specific tools that are available on the most popular social media platforms. Read on if you want to gain more site traffic, leads, and clients!
Social Media Page Maintenance
One of the most important steps to engaging consumers is keeping your social media pages up-to-date. If you never make posts, update your description, and generally have a page that hasn't been touched since 2020, people are going to think that your business isn't in touch with the present. This will make them click away and go to a competitor that's following all the latest trends.
Make sure to post 3-4 times a week. These updates can include:
- New products/services that your business is offering
- General housekeeping, including updates to your business hours, locations, etc.
- Articles and SEO-rich blog posts related to your content
- Images and ideas from your landing page
- Relatable quotes, pictures, and even memes
- Video content - this is critical because 73% of consumers are more likely to invest in your business after seeing a video
- Promotions and campaigns
- User generated content (UGC)
Doing this will ensure that you stay fresh in people's minds, promote brand awareness, and get more traffic.
Specific Advertising Services
Now that you know how to generate leads by using social media to reach out to prospective clients, it's time to look at some of the specific advertising platforms that these sites offer. Read on for some information on how to use Facebook, Twitter, and LinkedIn's built-in advertisement services.
Facebook Ads is a platform that displays your PPC ads to Facebook users in your target audience.
After you create a Facebook page for your business and make your PPC ads, you can select the audience that you want to reach with your ads. Possible demographics that you can enter are age, sex, education, and location, but you can also target people who work in certain industries and those who like competitor pages. Even better, you can now target people based on their interests.
Once you choose your audience, you can select whether you want to run your ad on Facebook, Instagram (which is linked to Facebook), Messenger, Audience Network, or a combination of all four. Additionally, you can select an option to make your ad mostly visible to Facebook mobile users.
After the ad is published, you may see your page getting more likes and your website traffic increasing. You can then use the Facebook Ads software to measure the success of each ad campaign and see the demographics that are most responsive to your ads. This will give you an idea of what to do in the future and who your most promising prospects are.
You can also choose to publish a video ad on Facebook instead of just text and image ads. As we discussed already, this is essential for engaging potential clients and ensuring that they remember you. You can use this strategy in conjunction with text-based Facebook Ads to test which ads perform better among your target customers.
Advertising on Twitter
Like Facebook, Twitter has its own build-in advertising system.
If you're an avid Twitter user, you've likely noticed that there are five different kinds of ads that you commonly see:
- Promoted Ads, which are ordinary Tweets that advertisers like yourself pay to show to a wider audience/drive engagement with.
- Follower ads, which are pages like yours that are shown to people that a) don't currently follow you, and b) might find your services interesting. You can become a promoted account by creating a 'followers campaign,' which is essentially a bid to show your PPC ad to a specific audience.
- Twitter Takeover, which are day-long high-impact takeovers of the Timeline and Explore tabs. This is where people go to see the most updated news and events happening in real-time. According to Twitter, these ads "give brands exclusive ownership of Twitter’s premium real estate across desktop and mobile."
- Twitter Amplify, which are video ads that allow advertisers to partner with other advertisers and users on Twitter.
- Twitter Live, which promotes your Twitter livestreams to new audiences who may take an interest in your brand.
As a business, you can select the audience that you want to show your Tweets and account to. Like on Facebook, you can then pay to show these Tweets to a wider audience.
LinkedIn may be a smaller social media platform than Facebook or Twitter, but it can help you reach out to a professional audience, especially if you're in the B2B space.
Like on Facebook, you can target your audience across both desktop and mobile devices. This is done in three steps.
First, you'll need to create your campaign on LinkedIn's Campaign Manager. Here, you can set up ad accounts, run campaigns, and adjust your budget. After that, you'll need to determine your objective for your ad campaign.
If your goal is lead generation, you can set up a lead generation ad with a LinkedIn form. If you want to track specific site conversions, such as a registration, you can set up a conversion specifically for your ad. This helps LinkedIn streamline your campaign by customizing it to your goals.
Finally, you can launch your LinkedIn ad campaign to reach your target audience and grow your business.
Note: LinkedIn advertising tends to be more expensive than advertising on other social media platforms. LinkedIn currently requires advertisers to set a minimum budget of $10 per day, whereas Facebook and Instagram allow you to run an ad for as low as $1.
How Does This Generate Leads?
At this point, you're likely wondering how any of this helps you generate leads. There are a few reasons social media advertising works:
- You will get more likes/follows and therefore be able to see the people that are most interested in your business
- You can track demographics and occupations of those who click on your ads and visit your page
- You will be able to easily and effectively analyze trends (with the help of software like Google Analytics) to find out who is tracking your social media pages
- You can link to your official landing page through the ads so that people can fill out a form on your website with their information
Plus, you'll be reaching out to more people via social media and allowing them to message you and interact with you directly!
More B2B Marketing Strategies
There are a multitude of ways that businesses like yours can use social media to promote growth, so it's best to create your pages and increase your post frequency as soon as possible. Ultimately, the best social media platform to advertise on will depend on where your target customers spend most of their time. By publishing more organic posts, you can gather more insights about who is interested in your company or brand and which platforms they prefer to use.
If you want to learn more about the best ways to use social media platforms to generate and follow up on leads, we can help. Schedule a 15-minute call with our experts at ProSales Connection today.
During our conversation, we'll discuss the specific B2B marketing strategies that can help your business, including social media tactics. We'll also look into some ways that we can work together to help your business grow and achieve your goals.