If you're like most people, you like to kick back at the end of a long day and browse Facebook or Twitter on your Smartphone. You likely also see dozens of advertisements while you're doing this each night.
Since over 3.8 billion people worldwide use social media, these platforms are the perfect place to engage in all of the B2B marketing strategies that will help to grow your business.
Here, we're going to talk about the specific tools that are available on the most popular social media platforms so that you can use them to grow your business. Read on if you want to gain more site traffic, leads, and clients!
Social Media Page Maintenance
One of the most important steps to engaging consumers is to keep your social media pages up-to-date. If you never make posts, update your description, and generally have a page that hasn't been touched since 2018, people are going to think that your business isn't in touch with the present. This will make them click away and go to a competitor that's following all the latest trends.
Make sure to post 3-4 times a week. These updates can include:
- New products/services that your business is offering
- General housekeeping, including updates to your business hours, locations, etc
- Articles and SEO-rich blog posts related to your content
- Images and ideas from your landing page
- Relatable quotes, pictures, and even memes
- Video content- this is critical because 73% of consumers are more likely to invest in your business after seeing a video
- Promotions and campaigns
This will ensure that you stay fresh in people's minds and get more traffic.
Specific Advertising Services
Now that you know how to generate leads by using social media to reach out to prospective clients, it's time to look at some of the specific advertising platforms that these sites offer. Read on for some information on using Facebook, Twitter, and LinkedIn's built-in advertisement services.
Facebook Ads is a special platform offered by Facebook that displays your PPC ads to those in your target audience.
After you create a Facebook page for your business and PPC ads that you want to be displayed, you can select the audience that you want to reach out to. Possible demographics that you can enter are age, sex, and location, but also people who work in certain industries and those who like competitor pages.
Once that's done, you can choose whether you want to run your ad on Facebook, Instagram (which is linked to Facebook), Messenger, Audience Network, or a combination of all four. Additionally, you can select an option to make your ad mostly visible to Facebook mobile users. After that, you can enter your budget for advertising and decide on what format of PPC ad you want to display.
After the order is placed, all you'll need to do is wait! You'll be getting more likes in no time. You can then use the Facebook Ads software to measure the success of each ad campaign and see the demographics that are most responsive to your ads. This will give you an idea of what to do in the future.
There is also a special Video Ads service on Facebook. It works in much the same way as classic Facebook Ads does, but it will display video content to your target audience rather than simple images and text. As we discussed already, this is essential for engaging potential clients and ensuring that they remember you. You can use this strategy in conjunction with Facebook Ads to grow your business as much as possible.
Advertising on Twitter
Like Facebook, Twitter has its own build-in advertising system.
If you're an avid Twitter user, you've likely noticed that there are three different kinds of ads that you commonly see:
- Promoted Tweets, which are ordinary Tweets that advertisers like yourself pay to show to a wider audience/drive engagement with.
- Promoted accounts, which are pages like yours that are shown to people that a) don't currently follow you, and b) might find your services interesting. You can become a promoted account by creating a 'followers campaign,' which is essentially a bid to show your PPC ad to a specific audience.
- Promoted trends, which are day-long high-impact takeovers of the Twitter trends list. This is where people go to see the most updated news and events happening in real-time.
As a business, you can select the audience that you want to show your Tweets and account to. Like on Facebook, you can then pay to show these Tweets to a wider audience.
The key difference between Twitter Ads and Facebook ones is that you aren't paying to show a PPC ad on Twitter. Instead, you're paying to show people a Tweet that you've made. You'll need to upload the text, image, or video that constitutes your ad onto Twitter along with a link to your landing page.
LinkedIn Ad Technology
LinkedIn may be a smaller social media platform than Facebook or Twitter, but it can help you greatly in reaching out to a professional audience.
Like on Facebook, you can target your audience across both desktop and mobile devices. This is done in three steps.
First, you'll need to create your campaign on LinkedIn's Campaign Manager. Here, you can set up ad accounts, run campaigns, and deal with your budget. After that, you'll need to determine your objective for your ad campaign. If your goal is lead generation, put that into the software! This helps LinkedIn streamline your campaign by customizing it to your goals.
Finally, you can launch your LinkedIn ad campaign and enter payment details. You'll be ready to go from there!
How Does This Generate Leads?
At this point, you're likely wondering how any of this helps you to generate leads. There are a few reasons that this is the case:
- You will get more likes/follows and therefore be able to see the people that are most interested in your business
- You can track demographics and occupations of those who click on your ads and visit your page
- You will be able to easily and effectively analyze trends (with the help of software like Google Analytics) to find out who is tracking your social media pages
- You can link to your official landing page through the ads so that people can fill out a form on your website with their information
Plus, you'll simply be reaching out to more people via social media and allowing them to message you and interact with you directly!
More B2B Marketing Strategies
There are a multitude of ways that businesses like yours can use social media to inspire growth, so it's best to create and manage your pages sooner rather than later.
Now that you know the best ways to use social media platforms to generate and follow up on leads, it's time to get started. Schedule a 15-minute call with our experts at ProSales Connection. During this conversation, we'll discuss the specific B2B marketing strategies that can help your business. We'll also look into some ways that we can work together to help your business achieve your goals and continue to grow.